I love the new year, the chance to be all fresh and sparkly new and generally more like the people I follow on Instagram. (They.Are.Perfect.)
This year, I was inspired to create my 18 for 2018, after listening to Gretchen Rubin’s Happier Podcast.
The idea is simple: list 18 things you want to do, buy, finish or enjoy in 2018.
Here’s my list.
- Run or walk daily. I follow a run / run / walk routine, nice and simple.
- Yoga once a week, starting in autumn (life is too crazy busy right now and starting in autumn gives me a wide window to get started).
- Meditate daily (I do this most days, but I’ve already missed some this year).
- Blog weekly.
- Launch new website. It’s nearly done, woohoo.
- Revisit the Recipe for SEO Success Course. I completed it a while ago. Now that I have a new website, it’s time to repeat.
- Go to the Immigration Museum.
- Eliminate credit card debt.
- Read more books and track books I have read. I am aiming for 52 books per year.
- Don’t eat potato chips. Not including Cheezels.Why? Because I ate some on 2 January 2018.
- Embrace my love of words. Get an etymological dictionary and learn the difference between etymology (words) and entomology (insects).
- Evaluate the projects I complete to assess profitability and scope.
- Celebrate the anniversary of Dot Com Words (six years in July).
- Declutter my kids’ toys and buy less plastic crap.
- Clean up as I go (I’m a messy person, but I read about this on Zen Habits).
- Learn Gmail and Google Docs apps and plugins to make better use of the features
- Seek more guest blogging opportunities.
- Backup website monthly. I am hopeless at this.
And one bonus, because it’s a good idea.
Go on excursion myself whenever my kids go on excursions (I created this rule when I realised I had excursion envy of my children.)
What about you? What are your plans for 2018?