It’s hard to get your newsletter noticed
For most marketing emails, the click through rate is less than five percent. The open rate is about twenty percent.
But, unlike other marketing channels, your eDM and newsletter is a great way to speak to directly to your customers. You’re not beholden by Facebook or Google’s algorithm.
By consistently sending engaging, valuable content you can increase your subscriber numbers, position your brand as trustworthy and boost your business.
Newsletter copywriting 101: Carefully crafted subject lines
The most important aspect of your newsletter is its subject line. You can have the greatest newsletter content in the world but if your subject line isn’t compelling, it’s off to the trash. Or worse – unsubscribe.
Your newsletter needs to use the right words to
- give an accurate representation of what’s in the newsletter content
- avoid spammy words that will get you sent to the junk folder
- get your reader in the feels, giving them a compelling reason to open it
Deliver on what you promised
If you promise a gut-bustingly good prize offer, tear-jerking life story or amazing discount offer, the make sure your newsletter content really delivers.
You’ll get plenty of unsubscribes if you over promise in your subject line.
Experienced newsletter copywriting
As a former publicist, I know how to write newsletter copy that quickly engages with your reader. You’ll get a newsletter that is
- well researched, and written with a thorough understanding of your audience
- uses proven copywriting techniques that connect with readers
- encourages your readers to take action – to drive clicks and sales enquiries